Refuse must be at the road edge no later than 7:00 a.m on the day of scheduled collection and no earlier than 5:00 p.m the night before.
All refuse and recycling must be placed inside your Sandia Heights Services bins (Trash: brown lid / Recycle: green lid) not outside and/or sitting next to the bins. Please see the Sanitation Services Policies and Information sheet for more detailed information.
Should you have additional items that need to be picked up, a Special Pickup may be scheduled by calling Customer Service at (505) 856-6419 or by submitting our online Special Pickup form. Special Pickup's are done on Monday's only and must be requested two business days in advance (by Wednesday of the week prior to the Monday pickup). The minimum cost is $20.00 depending on volume and/or weight.
Items considered to be a special pickup include but are not limited to:
- Appliances (written certification from service person that compressor has been removed)
- Bags/Bundles that will not fit in your trash bin
Please be advised, per solid waste regulations, items not allowed for pickup at any time include but are not limited to the following:
- Lumber scraps, tires or batteries
- Construction materials, hazardous waste
- Flammables, open piles of weeds/chamisa
- Electronic Devices/Aerosol spray cans/Pesticides/Antifreeze/Fuels
- Dirt/Rocks/Gravel/Sand/ Concrete/Brick/Cinder Block
- #1 through #7 plastic bottles/tubs, rinsed and caps removed & rigid plastic toys
- Phone books, junk mail, brown paper bags, cereal boxes (chipboard) & paper egg cartons
- Newspapers, magazines, catalogs, junk mail, office paper, paperback and hardback books
- Corrugated cardboard (no dirty pizza boxes) broken down to fit in recycle bin
- Aluminum &tin cans, lids removed and cans rinsed & foil & pie pans
- Small electronics & appliances
NOT PERMITTED for Recycle:
- Glass, styrofoam, wrapping paper or plastic grocery bags
- Food, garbage, yard waste or wood
- Batteries, light bulbs or ink cartridges
- TVs or computer monitors
- Hazardous waste, motor oil bottles,
- Sharp metal or medical waste/needles
Should you need assistance with your bins, please download the Assistance Form, have your healthcare provider certify the need for assistance and submit the completed form to our office.
* Printable 2016 Recycle Calendar
* SHS Sanitation Service Map
* Sanitation Collection Day Lookup